Saturday 21 April 2012

Horse & Hounds, Broadway, Worcestershire

The Horse & Hounds is a pub I know quite well. Located at the top end of the High Street in the tourist haven of Broadway, it's a pub I've visited regularly over the last few years, and yet I've found little to love here if I'm truly honest. Things seem to be looking up though. A recent visit on a bright and sunny April weekend revealed not only a quality Devon cider from award-winning Sandford Orchards, but the mild amusement of a Shut The Box game available for play. Not the most exciting pub game I'll admit, but a nice touch in a pub I've previously found a little bland. As a traditional English pub (which is surely what the tourists are looking for), the Horse & Hounds seems to be coming back into form. It's certainly a bit more 'pubby' than it's been for a while, and I look forward to visiting again in the busy Summer months. It's also pleasing to see that the Darts Board has been given more prominence in the bar area.  


No comments: